Sunday, November 28, 2010

Bon Voyage! Finally aboard the Mariner of the Seas

  A bit chilly and windy this morning! Checked out of the hotel and got to San Pedro pier early. They certainly have check-in down to the letter. Hardly any waiting but a pretty intense secuirty check.   No pat downs but lots of looking in luggage, etc.  I guess they have to make sure you're not bringing your own alcohol aboard. Day 1 aboard the ship was a typical first day - got lost a few times, went the wrong way in the hall and had to backtrack to my cabin...nothing unusual.  Did some exploring and found lots of interesting spots to revisit later.  And for my friends who know me too well, I did make it to dinner the first night! 

 Here's some photos of my cabin.  Small but it will be my home for the next week.  I did have a couch in my room and the balcony does make the room seem larger.





The crew had the ship buffed and immaculate for our arrival. After boarding and checking out my cabin, I had the first of many lunches in the Windjammer where fruit and veggie carvings were displayed.



Did some relaxing  and unpacking the rest of the day. Tomorrow will be another relaxing day since it's a day at sea. Around 5:00 pm, the pilot boat escourted  the Mariner of the Seas out of San Pedro Harbor.  Wish you were here....enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment